Airport Marina Counseling Services
7891 La Tijera Blvd.
Westchester, CA 90045
For 50 years, AMCS has offered confidential and professional psychotherapy services helping people to express their feelings, solve their problems, and find new ways to cope with life.
Let us help you deal with stress, trauma, hopelessness, depression, or loss of a loved one. We also offer assistance with parenting issues, problems of adolescence, life transitions, health or aging challenges, and caring for a loved one.
If you are having problems with self-esteem, child abuse, relationships, domestic violence, disability or illness, we are here for you.
400 people visit us weekly for:
- Individual or Group Counseling
- Family or Couples Therapy
- Child & Adolescent Counseling
- Psychiatric Care
- Consultation & Referrals
- Individual and Family Psychotherapy for all ages, addressing social, emotional and behavioral issues; AMCS offers long-term, ongoing therapy, solution-focused therapy, brief therapy and play or art therapy.
- The Hannon Immediate Intervention Program for clients seeking immediate help in times of crisis – includes individual and group therapy, and access to related services, such as psychiatry.
- Psychiatric Services including evaluation, diagnosis, medication and monitoring for more severe mental illness.
- Couples Counseling and Couples Group Treatment to help couples communicate in a more positive way in order to create or re-create the relationship they want.
- Therapeutic Groups – support groups, medications group, anxiety disorders group, anger management, parenting education and specific focus groups.
- At-Risk Kids Program provides individual/group counseling and parenting education at Westchester Enriched Sciences Magnets (high school), Orville Wright Middle School (magnet) and the Boys and Girls Club of Venice, to address school/home-related issues, risky behaviors, and familial stressors, including child abuse. Check out our video highlighting our youth that have successfully completed our program. Video
- Case Management linking individuals and families with resources and services within or outside of AMCS.
- Fees are charged based on gross income. A sliding fee scale is used to determine your fee.
- No one is ever turned away for economic reasons alone.